Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tuesday 25th August 2009

Well, here are today's ears:

In the car, on the way to and from work:
Beethoven - Piano Sonatas from Op.81a to Op.109 (and all in between)

At work on the iPlayer (BBC Prom given by @londonsymphony):
Schnittke - Nagasaki
Shostakovich - Symphony No.8

While walking, from my phone music library:
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum (finished at my desk)

From the web:
Muse - 30 second snippets of each track from The Resistance
To The Moon - sample tweeted on twiturn (check out @To_The_Moon for more info)

At home, on Grooveshark:
Az Yet - Last Night (something on TV reminded me of it)
The Field Mice - Sensitive (liking the guitar sound here @5357311)
Primal Scream - Velocity Girl
The Primitives - Stop Killing Me (you tube).

Later:
Radiohead - My Iron Lung

Planned for the bath:
Berlioz - Grande Messe de Morts (following some tweeting with @Cigleris this evening)

Comments - WOW, that was some prom @londonsymphony! I was expecting to love the Shostakovich as it's one of my favourites in any case, but I was also blown away by the Schnittke. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment