Monday 31 August 2009

Sunday 30th August 2009

Dear followers of the Ears! Sorry this post is late, but you'll probably understand why in a minute!

The ears started innocently enough with a CD of Purcell harpsichord music "The Purcell Manuscript". This is a recording made from a manuscript believed to have been written by Purcell that was discovered when I was in my final year of my BMus. Curtis, our professor, was working on it and incorporated it into our final year coursework. I did quite a lot of stuff on it for him and he gave me the CD as a thanks :)

Then we got into the car and headed off for something completely different. In the car:
Radiohead - In Rainbows

READING FESTIVAL
Here's what we heard:
Noah & The Whale - Main Stage - felt like where we'd left off at Y-Not (1 August).
Lethal Bizzle - NME Stage - Well cool, I'm surprised by how much I like Urban stuff, but I do.
The Living End - Main Stage - Pretty good guitar band.
The Joy Formidable - Festival Republic Stage - Brilliant. Great stuff!
The View - Main Stage - also pretty good.
Frontiers - BBC Introducing Stage - V. young Nottingham band. Friends of Rugosa Nevada, who we saw at Y-Not
Brand New - Main Stage - quite good, but we were a bit hungry so wandered off for food!
Passion Pit - NME Stage - WOW, well cool, excellent new discovery! Fun & summery.
Vampire Weekend - Main Stage - I really enjoyed. People took clothes off - yes, really! All very rock & roll.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Main Stage - Faster numbers were ace, saw about 2/3 of the set.
Lady Sovereign - Dance Tent - Refreshing change after lots of guitar bands. More stripping - a man stood on the top of the tent with no clothes on, dancing. I raised my eyebrows politely!
Bloc Party - Main Stage - AWESOME. Fabulous. Great energy, brilliant set, enhanced by Kele's stunning physique!
The Living Daylights - BBC Introducing Stage - Loud & guitary, great synchro strumming action.
Radiohead - Main Stage - What can I say? Setlist available here. Amazing, such an experience. These guys are just incredible. Words fail me. 'Twas historic!

Since the Wonderspouse & I don't do camping, we returned home very late last night (well actually this morning), hence the lateness of this post. Still feeling pretty tired, but it was very well worth it!

Ooops, had to go in and edit this post. We also had music on in the car on the way home.
Reverend & The Makers - The State of Things (end)
The Boxer Rebellion - Union (complete)
Pendulum - In Silico (beginning)

No comments:

Post a Comment