Saturday 15 August 2009

Saturday 15th August 2009

Strange day today. Should have been out at a maths tutorial but wasn't really well enough to go, so thought I'd have a relaxing day. However, that didn't quite work out either. Was not a very happy person all morning (and still not REALLY happy), so no music until mid-afternoon. All out of sorts. Anyway, eventually I did listen to some music - not really sure whether it's made me happier or sadder - sometimes I am SO SAD that I still haven't found a way that I can make a living doing what I love.

Anyway, this blog is not about me, it's about my ears, so here we are.

In the bath this afternoon:
Bach - St Matthew Passion (end).
Mozart - Piano Concertos 1-5

Then at my desk:
Sibelius - Symphony No.2 (simply because it was in the CD player).

This evening on TV:
Handel - Prom with The Sixteen, still going. Seems to be most of:
Solomon - The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
Coronation anthem - 'Let thy hand be strengthened'
Semele - excerpts
Coronation anthem - 'My heart is inditing'
Coronation anthem - 'The King shall rejoice'
Motet - Salve Regina
Organ Concerto in F major Op.4 No.4 (original version)
Coronation anthem - 'Zadok the Priest'

Don't expect there'll be anything else tonight. I shall go to sleep with Handel in my head. He's VERY soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment