Sunday 25 October 2009

Wednesday 21st October 2009

An interesting day for the ears!

I was able to log on to twitter again thanks to free WiFi & terminal in hotel foyer. Tweets from @ClassicalReview and @jessicaduchen prompted me to listen to the opening of:
Bruckner - Symphony No.7

Then we went to the Satie Museum in Honfleur, where I heard LOTS of Satie. Too many random snippets to list here, but I'll try and decipher what I can from the photos I took a bit later on. However, I can tell you that I heard:
Satie - Gymnopedies
Satie - Gnossiennes
Satie - Parade

Back in the hotel room, on the MP3 player, whilst doing a bit of reading:
Handel - Acis & Galatea

The Satie museum, by the way, was fabulous. If you're in Honfleur, you must go. I've now been rather inspired to listen to more Satie, as well as exploring the works of Les Six, which I haven't really bothered with much since college. It was certainly one of the highlights of the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment