Saturday 10 October 2009

Friday 9th October 2009

And more catching up!

In the car on the way to and from work:
Editors - An End Has a Start
Elbow - Leaders of the Free World

On Grooveshark, at work on earphones for calming effect:
Bach - Cello Suites, 2, 4, and 6.

While walking:
Corelli - Concerti Grossi Op.6 No.s 4 and 8

On arrival at home:
Shostakovich - Symphony No.13

In the evening:
Beethoven - Triple Concerto
Brahms - Double Concerto

The Corelli is deeply nostalgic for me, particularly No.8, which is a favourite of my Mum's. Remember many evenings in my early teens sitting with my mum & stepfather, drinking Sancerre & listening to those concerti. As long as I could convince them that I'd done my homework, both Corelli & Sancerre were permitted!!

I guess those are slightly unconventional things for a teenager to like, but that's the sort of teenager I was!!

4 comments:

  1. Cello Suites on cello or viola? Do you remember who was playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually listen to Nobuko Imai on viola, but this particular occasion was Janos Starker on cello! Always sound rather strange when I hear them on cello as I'm so used to playing/hearing them on the viola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how is Nobuko Imai's? I think it's hard to find here in the U.S.if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Nobuko Imai's - yes, I checked on US Amazon, not a sign of it - it's easily downloadable on the UK one. If I find out anything else I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete