Friday 30 October 2009

Friday 30th October 2009

Today's ears!

In the car, for a couple of short trips, the opening of:
Handel - Acis & Galatea

Following a Spotify link from @iamamro on facebook:
Schumann - Piano Concerto in A Minor

Then:
Beethoven - Fidelio Act I
Britten - Cabaret Songs, Blues
Cole Porter - Songs
Bach - Concertos for 3 & 4 Harpsichords
Bach - Motets BWV 225-230
Tchaikovsky - Symphony No. 5, Capriccio Italien
Brahms - Serenade No.2
Scharwenka - Piano Quartet Op.37, Piano Trio Op.45
Hindemith - Ludus Tonalis, Suite 1922

Then, since Spotify was still open:
Satie - 6 Gnossiennes

Comments:

1. I have finally given up the unequal struggle to find my cassette of the Schumann piano concerto (it has a red spine, btw, if anyone sees it around), and just jolly well ordered myself a CD which I can convert to MP3. It is now driving me insane only being able to listen to it on the computer!

2. Britten Cabaret songs are brill - found the disc by accident while searching for Bach! Jill Gomez singing, btw.

3. Brahms Serenade - hee hee hee - a piece without violins! Violas reign supreme. Played this - it was great fun!

4. Scharwenka - memories of rootling about in C19th chamber music when I was doing my (unfinished) D.Phil.

5. I forget how much I like Hindemith. If I don't listen to any more Hindemith in the next day or so, can someone please remind me that I like Hindmith! Thanks!

6. Gnossiennes are perfect for a bit of late night internetting before retiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment