Sunday 4 October 2009

Saturday 3rd October 2009

Well, this was a treat day for the ears!

In the morning, at my desk, on the stereo:
Ligeti - Le Grand Macabre

In the car on the way to and from London:
Editors - An End Has a Start
Elbow - Leaders of the Free World
Calvin Harris - I Created Disco
Muse - The Resistance

At the Coliseum, live, the most AMAZING production of:
Ligeti - Le Grand Macabre

At home later in the evening:
Brahms - Violin Sonatas 1-3

Comment: I believe Calvin Harris is meant to be uncool, but I like it anyway!
Comment: WOW - an opportunity to see the Ligeti live. I'm going to try, like last week's piano recital, to think of more words to say about this - maybe a blog post on my main blog. Suffice to say for now, it was amazing. I'm quite a fan of Ligeti's music, and the production was pretty wild. Fantastic evening out. The ears were well pleased!!

No comments:

Post a Comment