Saturday 5 September 2009

Thursday 3rd September 2009

Finally, I'm going to try to catch up on the ears. So sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. Now digging into memories and gathering up assorted post-it notes and CD boxes.

In the car:
Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Back home, at my desk:
Schubert - Piano Sonatas, D959, D784, D157 (as before)
Haydn - Both Cello Concertos on Spotify (tweeted by @iamamro)
Beethoven - Triple Concerto
Brahms - Double Concerto
Schubert - Trout Quintet
Schubert - Symphonies No.8 and No.9

In the car on the way to @inlight gig:
Corelli - Concerti Grossi Op.6 No.s 9-11

At the Jericho Tavern in Oxford (Live), sets by:
Alphabet Backwards (solo)
Inlight
The Family Machine

On the way home in the car:
Corelli - Concerto Grosso Op.6 No.12
Vivaldi - Lute Concerto

Comments:
1. Inlight were FAB, they did some new stuff, which was great. It was also great to be at the gig and meet up with a whole bunch of people I'd only previously known on Twitter. We've heard Inlight several times now & enjoy their stuff every time.
2. Schubert's Trout is one of my all-time faves. I pinched my Mother's cassette of it when I was about 12 and have been in love with it ever since. It was a total bonus for me when it was one of my set works to study for O-Level music. Bliss - at school, listening to Schubert in lessons. They call this work? I don't think so. I never thought so at college either when studying things such as Beethoven Piano sonatas in analysis classes. Never felt like work. Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment