Saturday 5 September 2009

Friday 4th September 2009

Another day that's late, but I'm getting there!

In the car on the way to work:
Vivaldi - Concertos for Viola d'Amore & Lute, Mandolin, 2 Mandolins, Various things in C Major
Bach - Opening of Easter Oratorio

In the car on the way home from work:
Bach - Rest of Easter Oratorio
Handel - Dixit Dominus (to which I sang loudly because the traffic was slow & I was bored)

At home:
Handel - Chandos Anthems No.4, 5 and 6 (still feeling Handelian)

Then:
Beethoven - Triple Concerto (a bit keen on that at the moment)
Brahms - Double Concerto (on the same disc as the Triple)

Relatively straightforward day really. Should have been able to type it up last night, but somehow didn't manage it. At least I'm caught up now.

Comment: There's quite a lot going on in my life at the moment. I'm finding I'm reaching for old familiar music that I've known and loved for many years. Much of this is Baroque (my Mum is a bit of a Baroque music fan, so I grew up with lots of Handel, Bach, Corelli and stuff around).
One of the things that is interesting (well, I'm finding it interesting anyway, you're probably a bit confused by it), is the variation in what I listen to. Last weekend was all about Reading and Radiohead and so on, now I seem to have stepped back in time several hundred years.

No comments:

Post a Comment