Friday 31 July 2009

Saturday 1st August 2009

OK, so why is this post up when it's only July 31st?

Well, the post will doubtless be expanded on Sunday, but I shall be unable to post tomorrow night. Thought you might like to know Y Not!! Following the link will explain!

*******

OK, here I am, a couple of days late, but catching up now. Here's the full list of what my ears heard on Saturday:

In the car on the way to Derbyshire for the Y-Not Festival:
Reverend & The Makers - The State of Things
The Boxer Rebellion - Union
Pendulum - In Silico

At the Festival (check out the link above if you need more detail on the bands):
SOS
Rugosa Nevada
Zambula
Cara Roxanne
[Drumming by Zambula as part of a workshop]
The Moutown Project
Max Raptor
This Town Needs Guns
Tellison
Esser*
Bombay Bicycle Club*
The Boxer Rebellion* (FANTASTIC)
Noah & The Whale

Personal highlights for me are *d. Really enjoyed everything we heard though. Seriously muddy day - I was very glad we'd decided not to camp and to drive up to my Mum's house in Yorkshire for the night! Great day though. The Boxer Rebellion, who we'd gone to see, were in great form - I even totally forgot that I was up to my ankles in mud during their set. I'm hoping to get time to write up the whole experience on my main blog soon.

As far as The Wonderspouse & I can remember, The Boxer Rebellion setlist ran thus:
Flashing Red Light Means Go
Forces
We Have This Place Surrounded (in its customary third position)
These Walls Are Thin
Evacuate
All You do is Talk
Semi-Automatic (my personal fave)
Misplaced
Watermelon

In the car on the way to my Mum's:
Radiohead - The Best of
Kasabian - Start of West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Some day for the ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment