Thursday 6 August 2009

Thursday 6th August 2009

Here are today's ears!

Day was largely spent at home, except for a couple of brief excursions in the car for Wonderspouse taxi duties. Car music was:

Saint-Saens - Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso

Playlist at home has been:

Inlight - Fire EP (Fragile, Give Me A Try, Bridges)
Pink Floyd - The Wall (twice)
Pure Reason Revolution - Amor Vincit Omnia
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Mendelssohn - String Quintet No.1
Mendelssohn - Various Overtures
Schubert - Symphonies 5, 8 and 9
Beethoven - Op.101 1st Mvmt (played by @PianoGeek on his Tumblr blog)
Beethoven - Archduke Trio
Beethoven - Piano Concerto No.3
Beethoven - Piano Concerto No.4 (just started as I type this, and I will leave going for the bath)

So there you are.
Comments:
1. Check out Inlight (@Inlight on twitter too). Wonderspouse interviewed their frontman last night - he's a deeply lovely & cool person. Knows his wine too :)
2. Pink Floyd - an old fave. Coming to the desert island. Nostalgia & good memories.
3. Mendelssohn Op.18 SQnT - I wrote my M.Mus. thesis on this piece!
4. Schubert Symphonies are gorgeous.
5. Beethoven Piano Concertos are gorgeous - esp No.4, to which I am now listening.
6. I find it amazing that I met @PianoGeek through Twitter, then can look at a video of him playing Beethoven on his Tumblr blog, and, through poor sound quality & all, feel the power of Beethoven & music & stuff coming to me as I sit in my study in England, watching something recorded by a man I've never physically met in a country I've never been to, but somehow, something...
(never try to type something like that after a few glasses of wine. Suffice to say that the whole experience was something on some kind of deep level that isn't the sort of thing I usually admit to, being generally of a cynical disposition. Words are useless anyway, which is why my ears blog about music...)

No comments:

Post a Comment